Dartmouth, Nova Scotia is only a short drive over one of Halifax’s bridges and is home to some of the best local restaurants, parks and activities in the HRM. Here are our top date ideas for a summer full of adventure, delicious food and new experiences.
- Take a walk along Lake Banook, the most popular lakes in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia for rowing. For a fun day trip, paddle down the lake to Birch Cove Park or Kiwanis Grahams Grove Park. Visit The Cottage Cafe for your caffeine fix and some freshly baked treats.
- Grab a pint at Battery Park Beerbar & Eatery. This hip spot in Downtown Dartmouth has so many craft beer options to choose from that you could honestly spend the whole day drinking flights! They also have a delicious food menu with bar snacks, ACE burgers and a variety of salads.
- Have a coffee or brunch date at Two If By Sea Cafe, a bright and bustling local coffee shop selling a variety of coffee beverages using locally-roasted, Anchored Coffee. Be sure to try their croissants – they’re the real deal. If you’re craving more of a lunch option, be sure to check out Yeah Yeahs Pizza located in the same building for some of the best pizza in town.
- Go on a hike at Shubie Park. This 40-acre urban park features significant historic canal features, a series of well-maintained multi-use trails, water sport rentals and beaches. Be sure to stop by Lemon Dogs as well for some post-hike tacos, popsicles or lemonade!
5. Grab a sweet treat from Portland Street Crêperie. This family-owned business is known for their delicious European-style sweet and savoury crepes but they also offer soup and sandwiches as well.