For the month of February, over 90 restaurants across Canada are participating in the Burger It Forward campaign aimed at relieving the growing food insecurity in Canada. As food banks struggle to keep up with demand, this initiative aims to “beef up” the protein portion of food bank offerings while supporting locally owned restaurants.
Burger It Forward has participating restaurants in six regions including British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Atlantic Canada.
Each participating restaurant will feature a select burger for the campaign, from classic to creative! For each burger purchase, Canada Beef will donate the equivalent of one meal to Food Banks Canada, to a maximum of 20,000 meals.
All of Canada can participate in Burger It Forward with their special campaign burgers in restaurants across these provinces and cities:
Vancouver, British Columbia
- Blaze Gourmet Burgers (43 E 5th Ave) is serving up a Smokey BBQ Blaze Burger with Double Smoked Bacon, Pepper Jack Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Crispy Onion Frites, and Smokey BBQ & Blaze Sauce.
- Fable Diner (151 Broadway E) is serving up a BBQ Pulled Pork Burger with Fried Jalapeños, Pickled Red Onion, Cheddar Cheese, House-Made BBQ Sauce, and Ranch Dressing.
- Fable Diner & Bar (755 Richards St) is serving up The Kitchen Burger with a Red Wine-Poached Pear, White Cheddar Cheese, Maple Mustard, and Arugula.
- Mosaic Grille and Bar (655 Burrard St) is serving up their Mosaic Burger that comes with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onion, Cheddar Cheese, and Power Sauce.
- Roxy Burger (910 Granville St) is serving up a Canadian Burger with Crisp Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, House-Made Mayo, Mustard, Ketchup served on a Kaiser Bun with a Pickle Sail.
- Calcutta Cricket Club (340 17th Ave SW) will have a Masala Beef Burger.
- Embarcadero Wine and Oyster Bar (208 17 Avenue SE) will serve their Embarcadero Classic Burger.
- Hawthorn (133 9 Ave SW) is serving their Alberta Rib Burger.
- iyycburg (19 Sunmills Dr SE) has the Ultimate Beef Burger with two patties.
- NOtaBLE Restaurant (4611 Bowness Rd NW #133) is offering their Alberta Beef Burger with Cambozola Cheese and Mustard Aioli.
- Our Daily Brett Market & Café (1507 29th Ave SW) has a two-patty Market Beef Burger
- Roy’s Korean Kitchen (2024 4 Street SW) is offering a Trash Burger which has two Smash Beef Patties, White Cheese, Lettuce, Onion, and Mayonnaise served on a Martin’s Potato Bun.
- Southland Yard Bar & Table (135 Southland Drive S. E) is offering their SY Signature Burger.
- The Nash (925 11 St SE) is serving up their “Smoke & Oak” Burger”, and
- Tonic Kitchen + Bar (22 Aero Cres NE) has their Tonic Burger made with a House-Made Grilled Alberta Beef and Pork Patty, Caramelized Onions, Bacon, Tomato, Pickle, Lettuce, Breadcrumbs, Mozzarella Cheese, and Mayonnaise.
- Highlevel Diner (10912 88 Ave NW) has their So Gouda Burger served on a Vienna Bakery Bun.
- Jack’s Burger Shack (10354 Jasper Ave) is serving up their Hangover Burger served on Two Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
- Oilburgers at Justbook 5th St. Food Hall (10344 105 St NW) has a Big McD Burger topped with Double Smoked Bacon, Aged Cheddar Cheese, and Hat Trick Aioli served on a Sesame Bun, and
- Three Viking’s Food & Drink (10713 – 124 Street) has a to-die-for Mushroom Swiss Burger.
Other towns and cities in Alberta
- Cilantro and Chive has locations in Lacombe (5021 50th St) and Red Deer (1927 50 Ave). They’re offering an MSW Bison Burger.
- Fence & Post in Cochrane (214 1 Street W) is serving up Bacon Cheddar Burger
- Memphis Blues BBQ House in Red Deer (6320 Gaetz Ave #61) has their Classic BBQ Burger with house-made Sweet BBQ sauce
- Stirling Grill & Lounge in Canmore (321 Spring Creek Dr) has a Coal Miner burger with Braised Short Rib on top of their patty, House-Made Bacon, Halloumi Cheese, Grilled Apple, Red Pepper Chutney, and Smoked Sesame Soy Aioli served on a Charcoal Pretzel Bun.
- The Clubhouse at Paradise Valley in Medicine Hat (90 Gehring Road SE) is offering a Big Bertha Burger with a 6oz AA Beef Patty topped with Crispy Smoked Bacon, Fried Egg, Lettuce, Onion Rings, Jalapenos, Cheddar Cheese, Honey Sriracha Aioli, PV BBQ Sauce & Pickle Topper.
- Bar Willow Eatery in Regina (3000 Wascana Dr) has an interesting Rootbeer Burger with a House-Made Beef Brisket & Bacon Patty made with Thyme, Worcestershire, Carrot, Celery, Onion, and Rootbeer Aoili, topped with Smoked White Cheddar Mornay Sauce and Green Onion & Herb Salad.
- Big Mur’s Tavern in Dundurn (315 2nd St) is serving up the Big Darn Bus Burger with Ham, a Chicken Finger, Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickles, and House-Made Burger Sauce, then topped with Onion Rings.
- Campton’s in Meadow Lake (226 Centre St) has a Campton’s Cookout Burger made with Slow Roasted Pulled Pork on top of their beed patty, House-Made Bourbon BBQ Sauce, Monterey Jack Cheese, and Onion Rings served on a Pretzel Bun.
- Cathedral Social Hall in Saskatoon (608 Spadina Crescent E) has a Great Gatsby Burger made with A Sous Vide Blue Cheese-Stuffed Veal and Chuck Patty, Porcini Mushroom Red Wine Demi, Wild Mushrooms, Caramelized Onions, Tomato, and Garlic Caper Aioli served on a Brioche Bun.
- The Saskatoon Club in Saskatoon (417 21st St E) has an epic Meatloaf’s Dashboard Light Burger which includes Saskatoon Club Pastrami, Smoked Farmer’s Cheddar Cheese, Dill Coleslaw, House-Made Ketchup, and Crispy Shallots served on a Brioche Bun.
- Knotted Thistle Pub in Regina (4177 Albert St) has a Guinness Burger topped with Nippy Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickled Onions, and Chipotle Aioli served on a Gourmet Bun.
- Roots Kitchen & Bar in Regina (4000 James Hill Rd) is offering the chance to Build Your Own Smashed Burger.
- Tommy’s Speakeatery in Regina (2710 Montague St.) is your place to try The Smokehouse Burger, where the patty is dusted in House-Blend Steak Spice and topped with delicious ingredients.
- Wild Sage Kitchen & Bar in Regina (1975 Broad St) is serving up a Rockefeller Burger with unique toppings like Rockefeller Mix, which is Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Bacon, Asiago Cheese, Chopped Spinach & Garlic, and more!
- Rosie’s on River Street in Moose Jaw (11C River St W) has an epic Hawkins® Mac & Cheese Burg with a Legendary Saskatchewan Beef Flattop Burger with Mac & Cheese (with Hawkins Cheezies® & Bacon), Roasted In-House BBQ Pulled Pork, Swiss Cheese, Pickles and Maple Whiskey Aioli served on a Toasted Pretzel Bun.
- Birchwood by Holiday Inn Airport West (2520 Portage Ave) has en EPIC Birchwood Burger with toppings like Maple Bacon, Breaded Pickle Chips, Battered Jalapeno Caps, Battered Onions Petals with Nacho Cheese Sauce, and Crispy Fried Tortilla Strips.
- Brazen Hall (800 Pembina Hwy) is offering a Brazen Butter Burger. Why butter? It’s made with a Butter-Fried Beef Patty!
- Fionn MacCool’s Winnipeg (1180 Grant Ave) has a Pubs Bacon Cheeseburger
- King’s Head Pub (120 King St) has their KH Burger, you can choose which cheese you want on it!
- Olympia Diner (3253 Portage Ave) The Olympia Burger includes Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Chili, Mustard, Onion, Lettuce, Tomato, and Mayo!
- Salisbury House (8 locations in WPG) is serving up something called the Grand Gourmet Nip; an 8 oz Nip Beef Patty, House-Made Roasted Garlic & Onion Aioli, Two Slices of Natural Cheddar Cheese, Three Slices of Maple Millionaire Bacon, Perfectly Seasoned Crispy Onions, topped off with Sals Sauce
- Shooters Family Restaurant (2731 Main St) has their Shooter’s Burger which includes unique with a Cream Cheese, Bacon, Jalapeno, Cheddar Blend, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions, Mayo, and 40 Creek BBQ sauce.
- Velvet Glove Restaurant (2 Lombard Pl) offers the Backdoor Burger; a Canadian Beef Patty, Bothwell Truffle Cheese, Bacon Onion Jam, Garlic Aioli, and Wine Tomatoes served on a Brioche Bun.
Toronto & Surrounding
- Cabano’s Comfort Food (885 Dundas St W) has their Cabano Burger with Deep-Fried Jalapeños.
- Hair of the Dog Pub (425 Church St) is offering a classic Farmer’s Burger.
- Lobster Burger Bar (214 King St W #100) is serving up a Double Cheeseburger.
- Slayer Burger (1400 O’Connor Drive) has their staple Slayer Burger, and
- The Local Cafe & Restaurant (937 Progress Ave, Scarborough) has The Local Burger topped with Crispy Shallots.
West of the GTA
- Heatherlea Farm Shoppe in Caledon (17049 Winston Churchill Blvd) has a Heatherlea Angus Burger
- The Badley in Elora (59 Metcalfe St) is offering The Badley Burger with traditional toppings.
- The Evelyn in Elora (130 Metcalfe St) has a French Onion Burger.
- The Lab Street Eats in Kitchener (105 Victoria St) is literally offering Just A Bad Ass Cheeseburger.
- The Wooly Pub in Guelph (176 Woolwich St) has a Beef Smokey Burger.
- 100 Mile Grille in Guelph (99 College Ave E) is offering a Golden Gryphon Smokehouse Burger.
- The WORKS Craft Burgers & Beers in Guelph (97 Wyndham St N) has a Tragically Maple, uber Canadian burger.
- Park Eatery in Guelph (294 Woolwich St) is serving up their Park Burger, made with A Blended Prime Rib Beef & Pork Belly Patty.
- Borealis Grille & Bar in Guelph (4336 King St E & 1388 Gordon St) has an Aged Cheddar Burger.
- Indigo Lounge Wellness + Eatery in Tillsonburg (264 Tillson Ave) has a creative Apple Butter Bacon Burger.
- Jordan’s Divine Dish Restaurant and Catering in Norwich (37 Stover St S) offers a Road House Burger with onion rings on it.
- Frank & Furter’s Restaurant and Bar in London (172 King St) is offering Noah’s Ark, topped with Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Peameal Bacon, Corned Beef, and Pulled Pork.
- Beach Boy Burger in London (731 Wellington St) has “The Double” with two Smash Patties, toppings, and house made sauce.
- Finkle Street Tap & Grill in Woodstock (450 Simcoe St) has a Bourbon, Brie & Bacon Burger.
- Clock Tower Inn Bistro Pub and Catering in Strathroy (71 Frank St) is serving a Thomas Fuller Burger, a Locally-Sourced Burger Patty topped with Ontario Peameal Bacon and Pine River Aged White Cheddar Cheese.
- Big Chief Drive In in Wallaceburg (5001 Dufferin Ave) has the Large Marge, a 16oz burger.
- WindsorEats in Windsor (400 Erie Street E) has a Burger Verde with Jalapeno Havarti Cheese, House Pickled Red Onions and Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Arugula, and Signature Green Sauce.
East of the GTA
- The Social Bar + Table in Port Hope (26 Ontario St) has a Classic Burger.
- Apollo Grill in Peterborough (1840 Lansdowne St. W) has a Apollo Grill Burger.
- Publican House Brewery & Pub in Peterborough (294 Charlotte St) has The MBS (Mushroom Bacon Swiss).
- The Black Horse Pub in Peterborough (452 George St. N.) is serving up The Whiskey Burger topped with House-Made Whiskey BBQ Sauce.
- The Boardwalk Board Game Lounge in Peterborough (261 George St N) has The Cheese Your Own Adventure Cheeseburger. Choose any (or all) of our Cheese Your Own Adventure add-ons including: Braised Brisket, Pulled Chicken Thigh, Pulled Jackfruit, Thick-Cut Bacon, Ontario Beef Hot Dogs, Caramelized Onions, Roasted Peppers, Brie Cheese, Pickled Jalapeno, Sundried Tomato and Basil Pesto.
- The Acoustic Grill in Picton (172 Main Street #104) is offering The Acoustic Jam with Horseradish Mayonnaise, Roasted Corn Salsa.
- Waring House Restaurant & Inn in Picton (395 Sandy Hook Rd) has a County Burger has an 8 oz 100% Brisket Patty.
- The Royal Hotel in Picton (247 Picton Main St) has a Royal Burger with Shallot Butter, Rosemary Ketchup, and Aioli.
- Creekside Cafe in Wellington (280 Wellington Main St) is serving up their Creekside Burger.
Ottawa & Surrounding Areas
- The King Eddy in Ottawa (47 Clarence St) is serving up The King Eddy Burger
- Law & Orders Burgers and Fries with six locations across Kanata and surrounding areas is offering The Rhippo Burger
- Otter Creek Kitchen in Kingston (2792 Princess St) has a Blue Cheese Bacon Burger.
- Wharf & Feather in Kingston (2 Princess St) has a WF Signature Burger topped with Crispy Pancetta, Gruyère Cheese, Tomato Marmalade, Chef’s Sauce, and Fire-Roasted Jalapeños.
- AquaTerra in Kingston (1 Johnson St) is serving up a Hoisin Pork Belly Burger.
- Pembroke Big Stop in Pembroke (1751 Paul Martin Dr) has a Bacon Double Cheeseburger.
- Rock’n Ronda’s Diner & Pizzeria in Avonmore (3330 Main St) also has a Double Bacon Cheeseburger.
North of the GTA
- Bruce Wine Bar in Thornbury (8 Bruce Street S) is serving up The Bruce Burger, with House Aioli, Pickled Onions, Yellow Mustard, Thornloe Cheddar Cheese, and Arugula.
- Radical Gardens in Timmins (163 Fifth Ave) has The RG, a 5 oz Northern Ontario Beef Patty, House-Made Bacon Birch Syrup Jam, Pepperonicini & Sweet Pickle Relish, Swiss Cheese, Fresh Ontario Goats Cheese, Red Onion, and Dijonnaise
In the Atlantic region, the Burger It Forward campaign is partnering exclusively with Irving Oil’s Big Stop Restaurants to feature all five of their burgers in 15 locations across New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.
Enjoy ANY of the burgers Big Stop has to offer to generate funds for food banks.
Burger options includes Bacon Double Cheeseburger, Spicy Chipotle Burger, Classic Cheeseburger, Whiskey BBQ Burger, and Smash Burger.
Canadians are asked to share snaps of their experience enjoying Burger It Forward burgers on Instagram using the hashtag #BurgerItForward and tagging @lovecdnbeef and the participating restaurants they dine in for a chance to win a $500 Visa gift card, as well as additional gift cards donated by participating restaurants.
For all things food and drink date ideas across Canada, click here.