Easter is just around the corner, and there’s no better way to celebrate the occasion than by spending time with family, finding some fun Easter date ideas, and indulging in some delicious treats and meals at the city’s best spots.
From fine dining restaurants to local egg hunts, the city is home to a diverse range of Easter treats and happenings that are sure to light up your weekend and make lasting memories.
See below for some of the best Easter date ideas in and around Toronto, so you can enjoy a festive and delicious holiday.
Along with being known for having only one menu item, Torontonians are also flocking to J’s for house-made desserts.
The sweet offerings at J’s are made up of a daily rotation of four or five different cakes. Until April 12, J’s will be offering a special Easter dessert – Mango Passion Fruit Cheesecake.
This delicious masterpiece is made up of a lime zest crumble, white chocolate cheesecake and mango passion fruit jelly, $16. The Steak Frites prix-fixe including bread, salad, 10oz AAA NY Striploin steak and unlimited frites is $55/person.
St. Regis Toronto is hosting an elevated Royal Brunch which includes a stunning Easter Smash Egg chocolate filled with artisanal candy.
This is on offer on Friday, April 7th-9th through at LOUIX LOUIS.
You can also purchase the smash eggs at LOUIX LOUIS, available while supplies last at $70 each.
College Street’s newest farm-to-table restaurant is serving up a $49 chef-curated prix fixe menu this Easter Sunday.
Designed by Executive Chef Thomas Salvo, dinner will include a choice of two appetizers, a choice of two mains, and a house-made dessert. You can expect to see spring favourites like a bright beet salad to start (made with fresh Ontario beets roasted & shaved, grilled radicchio, house made goat cheese, and fermented cherry plum vinaigrette), their ever-popular house-cured grilled Beverly Creek lamb bacon (elevated for the occasion!), and a fresh apple crumble for dessert.
Easter dinner will be served in The Dog and Tiger’s intimate back room for an added touch of class and warmth (hint: there’s a cozy fireplace). Prix-fixe is $49.99 per person.
Friday April 7, 2023
- Movies in the Westin Family Kids Club is showing Bambi at 1pm and Alice in Wonderland at 4pm
Saturday April 8, 2023
- Movies in the Westin Family Kids Club is showing Tangled at 5:30pm
- Hot Chocolate Station in the main lobby from 2-5pm
- Eater Bunny Visit for the whole family in the lobby, expect a fun-filled day of “egg-cellent” treats from 2-5pm
- Family Photobooth open from 2-5pm to capture those precious family Easter memories
Sunday April 9, 2023
- Movies in the Westin Family Kids Club is showing Moana at 1pm and Princess and The Frog at 4pm
Monday April 10, 2023
- Movies in the Westin Family Kids Club is showing Zootopia at 11am
The Cadbury Crème Egg cookie is back! This soft, gooey, Instagram-worthy delight is essentially a whole Cadbury Creme Egg wrapped in a Classic Chocolate Chip cookie. It’s available for GTA delivery and pick up only (five locations). You can also purchase the crème egg cookie as a six-pack for $34.50.
If you’re looking for more variety, Craig’s Cookies can also help you celebrate Easter with an awesome mix of bunny-approved flavours: Mini Egg, Carrot Cake, Skor, Kinder Surprise, Rainbow Bright, and Classic. Available for pick-up and delivery (Canada-wide).
Decadent Easter Brunch & Dolce Den in Skylight
Indulge in a lavish Easter spread this year with the Decadent Easter Brunch & Dolce Den at Skylight. Take in the enchanting rooftop oasis while savouring an unlimited multi-coursed Mediterranean inspired menu, including the signature Skylight Pistachio Crusted Beef Kebabs, Sharak Mezze and Pomegranate Lamb Skewers.
Dishes are served tapas-style for the entire table to enjoy together.
Saving the best for last, Skylight is introducing the ‘Dolce Den’, an opulent over-the-top dessert presentation taking over their private den. Choose from six extravagant live action stations, including towering chocolate fountains, build your own ice cream with endless toppings, signature pastries curated by in-house Chefs and more.
The not to be missed Easter Brunch & Dolce Den are available Saturday, April 8th and Sunday, April 9th.
Reservations open from 10:30AM – 2:00PM
Giant Gilded Chocolate Easter at Public School
W Toronto’s spot for nostalgic throwback classic eats has created a giant gilded chocolate easter egg standing 3 feet high!
This eye-catching egg is curated by W’s in-house pastry team and it’s adorned with elaborate details inspired by art from the hotel, as well as gold leaf embellishments. Take a peek at the gilded chocolate egg on display in Public School.
Easter High Beau-Tea in the Living Room
W Toronto’s beauty-inspired high tea is getting a seasonal makeover this Easter. Indulge in the menu’s signature edible strawberry ‘lipsticks’ and raspberry lemon tarts paired with Easter twists like carrot macarons, lamb carpaccio toast, ruby fudge bunnies, and more.
Delivered to the table in a custom makeup case including your choice of premium floral loose-leaf teas, this classic afternoon tradition is a must for Easter. Top off your experience with the Bubbly Beau-Tea Package, including a mini bottle of Moet for an additional $45.
Easter High Beau-Tea is available Friday, April 7th – Monday, April 10th.
Book ahead to secure your spot. Limited walk-ins are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Hop into some Easter fun with your family at Friday Harbour Resort! Enjoy egg-cellent activities, live performances, and delicious springtime treats that’ll have you bouncing with joy.
What you can expect at Friday Harbour this weekend:
EASTER EGG HUNT
On Sunday, April 9, BYOB (bring your own basket) and get the kids up to 12 involved in this fun activity. They can collect hidden coloured eggs along the Promenade and trade in their finds for sweet-treat goodie bags! Free to participate, no registration required.
SPECIAL DISHES AT LAKE CLUB RESTAURANT
- April 7: Celebrate Good Friday with a variety of delectable fish specials to choose from.
- April 8-10, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Join for Easter Brunch and indulge in an array of sweet and savoury dishes. Treat yourself to a heavenly Cadbury Cream Egg Doughnut or our luscious French Toast Supreme made with Nutella and whipped mascarpone-stuffed brioche.
- April 8-10, 5 p.m. to close: Feast on a honey-glazed ham entrée for Easter Dinner!
CRAFTS & MORE
- Face-painting fun – Be amazed by our balloon artists and take a photo with the Easter Bunny – Free
- Challenge yourself by crafting the best egg-drop contraption – Free
- Weave a charming Easter Basket – $5
- Tap into your creative side and decorate some Easter eggs – $5
- Get stylish making your own Easter tie-dye T-shirt – $15
- Grab a seat in a Muskoka chair by the fire pit and enjoy some Peep S’mores – $5
- Dig into some delicious treats from the chalet cabins
With so many Easter treats and things to do, there’s tons to look forward to this weekend! So gather your friends, family, and loved ones around, and share in the quality time together.
Find more fun things to do around Toronto this spring!
Written by – Jenna Kaplan