[Sponsored by Wildlife Festival]
Do you want to see a sloth? Hug a boa constrictor? See the worlds largest porcupine? Do animals just make all dates better?
This February 17-20th, The YYC Nature Centre, Cobb’s Adventure Park, & Cobb’s Exotic Animal Rescue are bringing you a not to be missed event so you can meet-and-greet with all these creatures and more at The Wildlife Festival in Calgary!
Dazzle the animal lover in your life and make the perfect date night so you can keep the Valentine’s vibes going all Love Month long.
What to expect
The Calgary Wildlife Festival is a celebration of your favourite creatures, big and smile, furry and scaly! There’s lots to do whether you’re bringing the family along, or taking your inner child on a cute and interactive date.
The Wildlife Festival allows guests to add-on animal interaction experiences with their admission! Sign up to pet a sloth, pet and/or feed a wallaby, feed a porcupine, and hug a boa constrictor. This includes a photo opportunity with your camera to keep these core memories, too! Experiences are $20 – $60 per person, per experience.
This year, there’s three exhibits to explore including:
- Diversity of Living Things – What is the difference between frogs and toads? How do animals adapt? Learn about different species and life on earth and discover the similarities and differences of the different types of animals that call earth home.
- This is Africa – Learn about the planet’s second largest continent.
- Journey to the Amazon – See & interact with some of the incredible animals that call the Amazon home and experience the worlds largest rainforest come to life!
Want to learn more? There will also be hands-on, educational programs:
- Cold Blooded Amazon – Learn about the creatures that call the Amazon home.
- Diversity of Living Things: Mammals – Learn about kangaroos, sugar gliders and much more.
Adults Only Night
Friday February 17th from 7pm – 9pm is The Wildlife Festival’s Adults Only Night! Featuring a special adult-only show, alcohol service, and even more special experiences. This makes the ultimate date night or friends night out animal lovers.
Admission to the Adults Only Night also includes early admission for the general festival.
Experience the festival like a VIP
Want to upgrade your animal-loving date night to a VIP experience? This gets you perks like a small-group guided experience with the animals and a private sloth encounter at the beginning of the day!
Book this special experience in-advance and save. $150/person or $175 at the door per person.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
What: The Wildlife Festival
When: Friday February 17 (1-6:30pm ) ADULTS ONLY (7-9pm), Saturday February 18 (11am-6pm), Sunday February 19 (10am-5pm), Monday February 20 (10am-5pm, Family Day)
Where: Nutrien Western Event Centre Stampede Grounds
1410 Olympic Way SE, Calgary, AB T2G 2W1
Tickets: $16 in advance, $20 at the door. Kids 3 and under Free.
Adults Only Night: $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
Need more datenight ideas in Calgary for Family Day and beyond? Click here to read more.
Written by – Jenna Kaplan