Your whimsical date idea for the next month is here! The gorgeous Shangri-La Toronto is partnering with Cirque du Soleil’s KURIOS – Cabinet of Curiosities show for a limited-edition afternoon tea that is unlike any other.
Step into the Shangri-La lobby where you’ll find bubbly, tea, and incredibly unique menu items inspired by the Cirque du Soleil show, running now until mid-July.
Want to experience this Cirque du Soleil Afternoon Tea and support a good cause?
Make your OpenTable reservations between now and July 3rd (Thursdays-Sundays) and $5 of each Afternoon Tea will automatically be donated to Make-A-Wish International to support the granting of wishes for children with critical illnesses.
The hotel’s new pastry chef, Calvin Wat, has invented an Afternoon Tea that includes edible pieces like the “Invisible Lobster Roll,” “Steak & Disappearing Potato,” “World’s Lightest Baguette,” “Smoking Cigar,” and the “Chocolate Clock,” among other delicious and creative treats.
Once you sit down at the beautiful set table for your Cirque du Soleil Afternoon Tea, you’ll be greeted with a choice of Champagne, Prosecco, or non-alcoholic bubbly; before choosing your tea from their expansive and aromatic list.
Warm yourself up for the beautiful menu items with an English Breakfast Black Tea, Chamomile, Peppermint, Masala Chai, Jasmine, Darjeeling Black Tea, Osmanthus Naturally Imprinted Floral Heritage Tea, Tie Guan Yin Tea, Green Tea, or the Shangri-La Signature Blend Black tea.
While you’re enjoying the views of the lobby, your beverages, and conversation with your date, the team is preparing your food items (savoury first, then sweet), that will come out on a tower making it almost too pretty to eat.
Not only do all these menu items look the part, but they’re delectable and have such a complex flavour palate in such small bites.
You’d be wrong if you thought you’ll walk away from this Afternoon Tea hungry, though, because after you’d savoured all these delicious items, an Amuse Bouche arrives in the form of “The Upside-Down Golden Saffron Flan” before it’s time for the sweet tower!
Finally, you and your date are ready for dessert and will be in awe at the three-level Afternoon Tea sweets which includes:
- a detailed “Chocolate Clock” with Mousse, Crémeaux, Moelleaux, Sable, and Salted Caramel
- “The Caramel Compass” with Caramel-Whipped Ganache, Hazelnut Praline, Wafer, and Dacquoise (a personal favourite), and
- the star of the show “The Smoking Cigar” which is an edible pair of cigars with Whiskey Ganache, Lime Gel, and a Chocolate Shell that comes literally smoking!
Finish off this sweet course with deliciously buttery Scones, Miso Caramel, and Whiskey Wine Gummies as you polish off your tea. This is one Afternoon Tea you will never forget.
Don’t feel like leaving the Shangri-La after all of that?
Turn your date into a staycation in one of their beautiful and romantic rooms. The hotel is also offering an Ultimate Cirque du Soleil Escape, which includes:
- a one-night stay at Shangri-La Toronto
- Valet parking for one night at the hotel
- Breakfast for two
- two VIP Cirque du Soleil tickets with access to the VIP suite with a fully licensed bar, appetizers before the show and during intermission.
- parking at the event
- access to private washrooms and an outdoor terrace at the show
- a pre-show photo opportunity with a KURIOS cast member, and
- a dedicated entrance for hotel guests with VIP service hosts at the show.
You can book the package online, which is starting at $950.00 for the stay and the VIP Cirque du Soleil experience!