Photo Credits: Canada.ca (left), @riveroakskatingtrail (right)
Ottawa has so many family-friendly date ideas and events planned for this long weekend! Challenge the squad to a game of laser tag, zoom down a winter playground slide, dance the night away at a glow-in-the-dark PJ skate party, and battle it out with some old school arcade games. Did we mention that many of these events are free?!
Read on to discover our top date idea picks for Family Day Weekend.
February 17-20 marks the last weekend of Winterlude 2023 and it’s jam packed with tons of family-friendly winter activities! From zooming down the Tim Hortons Chinook Slide to Espace Forain’s theatrical Sparks Street performance and art installations throughout Downtown Ottawa, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
This is the perfect event to experience a winter family-friendly date on a budget – most events are free!
Location: Various sites throughout Downtown Ottawa and Gatineau
Get ready for the ultimate laser tag battle!
LaserMaxx Ottawa features state-of-the-art equipment and the ultimate laser tag experience. You and your family will play in a HUGE multi-level, fun-filled maze that’s sure to spark some friendly competition.
Location: 1800 St. Laurent Blvd, Ottawa
Grab your skates and head over to RiverOak Skating Trail for a day full of winter fun! Here are the events taking place this long weekend:
Saturday, February 18th:
- Pick-up games running throughout the day (free with admission)
- BBQ burgers, hotdogs, sausages, and veggie burgers available onsite
- Glow Skate PJ Party! Wear your brightest pyjamas and hit the black lit trails or play some glow-in-the-dark hockey
- Live at the Lodge is back! Enjoy live music starting at 2 p.m. in the lodge and get cozy by the wood-fired stove
Sunday, February 19th:
- Pancake Brunch available onsite
- Live at the Shack! where you can enjoy live music in their rustic Sugar Shack at 2 p.m.
- DJ Mich spinning Classic Rock tunes in the evening
Monday, February 20th:
- Fur Family Day! Bring out your favourite furry friend to enjoy a beautiful winter day on the trails
- Indulge in their Family Day snack-shack special: a Pulled Pork lunch
Location: 2900 York’s Corners Rd, Ottawa
Every Saturday & Sunday from 12-8 p.m., House of TARG sets all of their Pins and Video Games to FREE-PLAY for unlimited arcade action! All ages are welcome and you can play an unlimited number of true, classic arcade games for just $10.
Location: 1077 Bank St., Ottawa
Looking for the perfect spot to warm up after a full day of winter fun? Check out Our Favourite Cute and Cozy Coffee Shops In And Around Ottawa.