The Shack is Back! Sugar Shack TO, presented by Redpath is Toronto’s urban cabane à sucre experience that’s returning to the waterfront for a sweet weekend of winter fun and plenty of fresh maple syrup.
Tap into your true Canadian self this March 11 and 12th at the city’s famed pink Sugar Beach on the Waterfront, which will be transformed into a family friendly maple wonderland featuring:
- Two Sugar Shacks presented by Menkes,
- Live entertainment from the Mark LaForme Band and the Great Canadian Fiddle Show
- Ice photo frames,
- Delicious maple-infused food,
- An all-new Lumberjack show for 2023,
- A Billy Bishop Airport warming station, and
- Much more!
Sugar Shack’s Sugar Shacks
This year, Sugar Shack TO will feature two Sugar Shacks serving up fresh Ontario maple taffy on snow, presented by Menkes Developments. Taffy tickets are $3 for one or $5 for two; cash and debit accepted on site.
Attendees can also experience a serious dose of maple with maple-infused comfort food like maple fried chicken baos, maple bacon poutine and delicious Redpath Sugar cookies.
You can even take part in a Maple Sugaring Demonstration!
“We are more than excited to bring Sugar Shack TO back to Toronto’s waterfront for a safe outdoor event,” said Victoria Mahoney, co-producer. “The 2023 event will be sweeter than ever as it will bring together our amazing waterfront partners, local businesses and visitors for a much-needed maple celebration.“Victoria Mahoney
This free weekend event will showcase all things Canadiana including interactive activities, live entertainment, delicious comfort food, a warming station and of course tons of fresh maple taffy!
Food Trucks & Vendors
Curious about all the delicious eats and fun products there’s going to be at Sugar Shack TO? We have the list of all the vendors you can expect to see this year!
- Female and black-owned Birdy’s Daughter Coffee will be offering hot and iced coffees as well as an International selection of teas, Hot Chocolate, Apple Cider, and Affogato.
- Born 2 Eat is a Cambridge-based food truck and will be offering a Cheeseburger with maple bacon, Quebec Poutine, and Maple Fried Chicken Baos.
- Poutine Supreme will have their original fresh cut fries, poutine, poutine supreme, and a for the event will feature a Maple BBQ Pulled Pork Poutine!
- Moon Milk will be there serving up ice cream sundaes (with maple caramel or hot fudge), Danish butter cookies, Maple cream cheese sandwich cookies, and a featured cake slice with warm Maple caramel.
- The beloved Get Your Own Taters food truck will be on-site serving up a Maple Buffalo Toutine. This includes cheese curds, gravy, and your choice of chicken or cauliflower bites tossed in homemade Maple Buffalo NY Butter Sauce. They’ll also have Tots’n’Beans’n’Weiners which is Maple baked beans and all-beef weiners. For the ultimate Canadian experience, try The Great Canadian Taters.
- Pierogi Me will serve up a handmade pierogi drizzle with maple balsamic glaze and topped with maple bacon bits.
- Stop by Grandma’s Beach Treats for Maple Fudge, Maple lollipops, Maple candy, maple cookies, maple cotton candy, and a signature maple butter tart developed specifically for Sugar Shack TO!
When: Saturday March 11, 11am-5pm and Sunday March 12, 11am-5pm
Where: Sugar Beach – 11 Dockside Drive, Toronto
Free general admission.
Keep the date nights going strong this winter and find even more to do in Toronto here!