You already know every restaurant in town is getting ready to host couples of all kinds for their Valentine’s Day events and menus, and we LOVE a good dinner date; but that doesn’t mean you can’t change it up this year, too!
Over the past couple years we’ve had to get creative to say the least, and all the activities are back in full swing, whether you’re looking for something classy, something casual, and always something unique.
Check out our round-up of Valentine’s date ideas of all kinds, especially if you’re looking for something a little different this year! From secret yurt bars to adrenaline-pumping fun, and dates with a creative side.
All-Inclusive Valentine’s Photo Sessions with Vongue Art
Capture this romantic holiday with a cute photo session, making for a date idea and take-home memento in one! Local photographer Veronica of Vongue Art is offering all-inclusive photo shoot experiences, with makeup and hair styling included, perfect for the holiday.
Your couple’s photo session includes:
- Pre-session style & concept consultation
- Studio photoshoot with multiple looks
- Pro hair and makeup
- Expert posing guidance
- Master retouching
- Custom wall art design
Trivia Escape Rooms
This new and super unique date idea blends the concepts of an escape room and trivia night into one. Impress your date with something creative that’s a great way to connect for a Valentine’s date they won’t forget!
Trivia Escape Rooms is an artist-run, Black-owned parody-based escape room offering three themed games unlike any escape experience in the world! The trivia is based on rotating themes of popular shows with escape game challenges, puzzles and tricks.
Want to personalize the date to make it extra special? Trivia Escape Rooms can fuse personalized trivia questions from the booking date… for example, if you want to surprise your date with pictures, symbols, or even questions (wink wink) personalized just for you two, the team can make it happen!
Where to find them: 1615 Dupont Street
Romeo and Juliet at Toronto Symphony Orchestra
Looking for Valentine’s plan for your special someone? TSO has you covered with a beautiful night of music from Romeo & Juliet. Prokofiev’s spectacular ballet suite for Romeo & Juliet is a marvel of passion, raw emotion and a thrilling showcase for the Toronto Symphony Orchestra compiled by Music Director Gustavo Gimeno.
Joining the TSO is Spanish violinist María Dueñas who makes her Toronto debut to dazzle with Lalo’s stunning Symphony espagnole.
If you’re 35 or under, sign up for the Toronto Symphony Orchestra’s TSOUNDCHECK program to access tickets for this concert, and many others, for $19 per ticket (and up)!
When: February 8 and 9th
Where: Roy Thomson Hall, Toronto
KANDL Artistique Valentine’s Workshops
This February, share an unforgettable experience making candles with your special Valentine! During these specialty workshops at KANDL, every person will be offered a complimentary strawberry Bellini cocktail to complement the date.
Curious on how to make a candle at KANDL? Read our recap here!
When: February 10-14th, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm, and 10pm
Where: 88 Avenue Rd, Toronto
K1 Speed Canada
On Valentine’s Day, K1 Speed is the spot to be for an adrenaline-pumping, competitive date that’s tons of fun! At both their Downsview Park and Mississauga locations, they’re offering this awesome package for a couple:
- Two-race package
- Enjoy a personalized flatbread at the lounge in-between or after your races
- Includes an alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage each
- K1 Speed branded chocolate, and
SUSO Skate Co.
Good news, roller skating dates for Valentine’s Day is in! With SUSO Skate Co. open on February 14 and in an indoor location to stay warm no matter the weather, this is the perfect retro idea that will always be remembered.
When: February 14, open from 5-9pm
Where: inside Promenade Mall, Thornhill, ON
Valentines Themed Pop Up Cocktail Bar
Doesn’t matter if you’re in a relationship, situationship, or single for this bar – everyone’s invited to sip on gorgeous love and heartbreak-themed cocktails and feel all the loving vibes. You already know that the decor is going to be super Instagrammable to make for the perfect pics of red and pink hues.
When: February 2-20th, 2023 | Sun-Thurs 6pm-12am, Fri-Sat 6pm-2am
Where: 967 College Street, Toronto
Virtual Reality at Zero Latency
Does spending a Valentine’s Day in a virtual world getting chased by zombies in a thrilling VR game alongside your date sound like the best night ever? Zero Latency has an awesome Valentine’s promo to help you spice up your date night this year!
Enjoy two for $69 sessions on games like Undead Arena and Engineerium.
All you have to do is use code ‘VALEN69’ at check-out to snatch the limited time offer.
When: From February 10-14th
Where: Zero Latency has locations at 875 St. Clair Ave West (Toronto), and 2301 Royal Windsor Drive (Mississauga), as well as locations in Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver!
Valentine’s Week Culinary Classes at Le Dolci!
Toronto’s Le Dolci Culinary Studio is hosting a week of Valentine’s Day classes to celebrate the season of love.
From heart-shaped pasta making classes to delicious doughnut creation classes to a Master Chocolate Tasting event, these events are perfect for couples looking to learn a sweet new skill together.
- Perfect Parisian Macarons: Guests will work in groups to make Parisian macarons; they will learn how to bake and pipe macarons, how to pair, sandwich and fill them, and more! Take home 20 macarons in a variety of colours and fillings. (Feb 11, 2pm)
- Chocolate Pasta Making & Eating: Learn how to make, hand roll and cut delicious chocolate pasta dough. Some pasta will be cooked on-site and served in a pesto sauce so guests can enjoy their freshly made pasts dinner, served with breadsticks, salad and wine. Plus everyone will take home two chocolate pasta nests uncooked and a mason jar of pesto sauce so they can make this romantic meal at home. (Feb 11, 6pm)
- Sugar Cookie Decorating Class: Provided with unbaked sugar dough, guests will roll out the dough and make them into shapes – like hearts – and learn the latest decorating techniques. Everyone will create and take home 12 beautiful cookies to gift to someone special or eat themselves. (Feb 12, 2pm)
- Doughnut Class: Learn the fundamentals of creating brioche doughnuts, including mixing, proofing and frying. Then decorate the ultra-sweet creations with a variety of toppings and glazes. Take home 8-12 doughnuts and a sweet new skill. (Feb 12 and 16, 6pm)
- Chocolate Heart Sweet Ravioli: Learn how to make, hand roll, cut and stuff Ravioli pasta in heart shapes. Guests take home 16 uncooked heart shaped stuffed ravioli that they can serve to loved ones at home. (Feb 12 and Feb 13, 6pm)
- Chocolate Tasting with a Chocolate Sommelier: Master Chocolate Taster and International Chocolate Awards judge Mary Luz Mejia will lead a sensory tour of Canadian-crafted, bean-to-bar chocolate that takes guests around the world. Bring your choco-curiosity, questions and willingness to try something decidedly delicious. This sensory delight offers a guided tasting of chocolate hand crafted by some of the top chocolate producers in the world. (Feb 14, 8pm)
- Croissant Class: Learn how to make, roll and cut buttery soft croissants. Enjoy them for breakfast or as an afternoon treat for days to come. Plus guests will take home 12 unbaked croissants to bake at their leisure at home. (Feb 14, 10am)
- Apple Pie Class: Learn how to make pie crust and apple pie filling, and how to decorate the top with love-inspired dough cut outs. Take home an 8 – 9” apple pie to enjoy with loved ones. (Feb 15, 7pm)
When: February 11-16th, 2023
Where: 12 Sousa Mendes St., Toronto
Speakeasy Valentine’s Experience at Stackt Market
Get a romantic dining and drinks experience at this intimate hidden whiskey bar at Stackt Market with a five-course Valentine’s date. The collab between Yokai Izakaya and Woodford Reserve brings a menu of seafood dishes, inventive snacks, and a sweet treat to top everything off!
Your ticket includes the curated dinner menu and a welcome cocktail.
Friday, February 10: 7PM, 9PM
Saturday, February 11: 5PM, 7PM, 9PM
Tuesday, February 14: 6PM, 8PM
Where: Speakeasy Whiskey Bar @ STACKT
Terra Lumina at the Toronto Zoo
Terra Lumina is open for Valentine’s! This Love Month, experience the enchanted night walk on the zoo grounds through a luminous vision of our planet’s future.
This walking path takes you to the year 2099, where humans and nature have learned to live in harmony. Your date will include vibrant lighting, multimedia effects, breathtaking video projections and an original score to an enchanted world filled with possibility.