The Calgary Folk Fest, powered by ATB, is back again and bringing the best vibes to Prince’s Island Park from July 27 – 30th, 2023! Experience four days of cultural and musical fun with a diverse line-up of artists and performances, bringing the world to your doorstep.
This year, we want you to make the most of the Calgary Folk Fest and have a luxurious experience with a place to stay close-by!
This giveaway is now closed.
Congratulations Grant K., the winner of this contact.
They have been contacted via email by the team.
The winner will receive two entry tickets into the Calgary Folk Fest on the days of Thursday July 27, Friday July 28, Saturday July 29, and Sunday July 30, 2023. This also includes a two-night (Friday July 28 – Sunday July 30) stay for two people at the Westin Calgary hotel, with room and tax covered. Winner is responsible for any and all incidental or additional charges incurred. A credit card upon check-in at the hotel is necessary for a returnable security deposit and incidentals.
Winner will be selected and contacted via email from the datenight team firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 21, 2023. Please keep an eye on our social media for updates at instagram.com/datenightyyc. We will never contact you for financial information, do not respond to any spam emails or messages regarding this contest. CONTEST CLOSED. The winner’s name will be posted to this article and they will be contacted via email.
Thank you and good luck!
Love music of all kinds? You’ll get to experience unpredictable mash-ups with 70 artists from Alberta, Canada, and the world performing on five daytime and two evening stages in concerts and sessions. Expect unpredictable mash-ups where artists collaborate in unique and unexpected ways, sharing songs and stories.
While you’re enjoying all the sounds of Calgary Folk Fest, devour some tantalizing food at the vendor alley, do some shopping and get inspired at the arts market, and head to the ever-popular beer garden for a refreshing beverage.
Think Calgary Folk Fest is just folk music? Think again! The expertly curated line-up is a genre-bending affair that cleverly unites roots, world and indie icons and upstarts from around the globe.
Just a few of the artists and bands you’ll find at this year’s fest include headliners:
- Emmylou Harris, a 14-time Grammy award winning artist and member of the Grand Ole Opry with collaborations alongside Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Glen Campbell and Rodney Crowell, and more!
- Jeff Tweedy, an Illinois artist and the lead singer/songwriter of the band Wilco has been songwriting and making music for more than 35 years
- Digable Planets, described as thought provoking and groovy beyond measure while inspiring countless others and currently touring the 30th anniversary of their groundbreaking hip-hop album Reachin’ (A New Refutation of Time and Space)
- Tanya Tucker, a country music star who’s number one hit came out five decades ago, is known for living the sex, drug, and rock and roll life and also one of few women to join Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings in the outlaw country club.
- Fantasic Negrito, three-time Grammy award winner who’s music is a stunning array of sounds, forms, moods and ideas of rock, soul, funk, and even occasional slivers of gospel music.
- Julia Jacklin, an Australian artist delivering personal, frank, emotionally charged lyrics matched to slow burn music
- Bahamas, aka Afie Jurvanen, best known for his intimate and heartfelt songs that lyrically bounce off his dry sardonic wit, plus his sweet and tasty “less is more” guitar licks.
- The Paper Kites, a rock/pop/folk group formed by a group of friends from Melbourne, Australia in 2009.
- Matt Mays, hailing from Nova Scotia and bringing a southern rock vibe to the festival.
Make a weekend of it!
The festival is in the heart of Calgary, just over the river from some amazing local spots and hotels. The proximity of some of Calgary’s most comfortable stays means you can enjoy more music, more food, and more fun without worrying about how you’re getting home – especially if you’re travelling from far away.
Calgary Folk Fest has partnered with hotels like the Courtyard Marriott, Residence Inn, The Westin, Coast Calgary Downtown Hotel & Suites, and The Westley Hotel to bring a luxurious staycation aspect to the weekend.
The winner and their date of this giveaway will win a two-night stay at the Westin Calgary hotel and if you’re wondering how to snag a room during Folk Fest and just can’t wait, you can book your stay here!
The Westin is a four-star hotel right by Prince’s Island Park featuring heavenly beds, 55-inch cable televisions in the room, work desks, and more! Amenities at this pet-friendly hotel include 24-hour room service, a health club, an indoor pool and a sauna
Make sure to scroll up and enter to win if you haven’t already! Good luck and in the meantime, check out even more date ideas happening in YYC all summer long!
[Sponsored by Calgary Folk Fest]