THE 43RD ANNUAL CALGARY FOLK MUSIC FESTIVAL RETURNS TO PRINCE’S ISLAND PARK FROM
JULY 21-24, 2022.
The Calgary Folk Fest is back after a three-year hiatus and is the spot to be this summer for all the good vibes!
The annual Festival is a four-day family-friendly cultural and musical extravaganza featuring 70 artists from Alberta, Canada, and the world.
Love music of all kinds? You’ll get to experience unpredictable mash-ups where artists collaborate in unique and unexpected ways, a tantalizing food vendor alley and arts market, the ever-popular beer gardens and so much more!
This year, we want you to enjoy the Calgary Folk Fest in style (and with a place to stay close-by):
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!
Congratulations Brigada B.
The winner will receive two entry tickets into the Calgary Folk Fest on Friday July 22nd, 2022 as well as a one-night stay at the Westin Calgary hotel, with room and tax covered. Winner is responsible for any and all incidental or additional charges incurred. A credit card upon check-in at the hotel is necessary for a returnable security deposit and incidentals.
Winner will be selected and contacted via email from the datenight team firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 13, 2022. Please keep an eye on our social media for updates at instagram.com/datenightyyc. We will never contact you for financial information, do not respond to any spam emails or messages regarding this contest. Contest closes Wednesday July 13, 2022. The winner’s name will be posted to this article and they will be contacted via email.
Thank you and good luck!
The Line Up
You can check out the full line-up for the Calgary Folk Fest here.
- Spoon, a rock-and-roll band from Austin, TX.
- Black Pumas, the psychedelic soul band made up of a Latin-rock guitarist who grew up on punk and hip-hop, and a busker who loves 50 Cent.
- Courtney Barnett, a ‘dead cool’ artist from Australia who will wow the crowd with her wonderful guitar stylings.
- Allison Russel from Nashville, delivering silky whispers to jazzy croon to R&B roar, always front and centre to envelop you into her poetic depiction of trauma and redemption. This show will be full of acoustic folk, country and bluesy sensibilities.
- K’Naan, known for his “Wavin’ Flag” hitmeister from the 2010 FIFA World Cup, and Top 40 hits like “Hurt Me Tomorrow” and “Take A Minute.” Expect a unique Afro-folk-hip hop sound.
- Josh Ritter, an American singer, songwriter, musician, and author named by Paste Magazine in 2006 as ‘one of the 100 greatest living songwriters’ for his deep, expressive voice, keen wit and evocative way with words.
- Watchhouse, a duo formed in North Carolina as Mandolin Orange (you may know their beautiful and soft track Golden Embers), will perform a set you can really just chill out to, and
- The Wood Brothers, multi-instrumentalists who are noted as masters of soulful folk.
[Sponsored by Calgary Folk Fest]