Unshelf Design & Boutique has services for all phases of a project and all budgets and has worked hard to build relationships with the best suppliers in the city. This allows Sarah Kirkpatrick, Interior Decorator and Home Stager, and her team to build out a sample library with the most classic finishes, as well as today’s hottest trends!
Their recently-opened boutique in Calgary is where you can shop consignment and second-hand home decor pieces. Inside, the ‘Design Lab‘ has a little bit of everything from countertops to tile, flooring to wall paint swatches, fabrics to cabinet hardware! It really is the best place to come to be inspired and start building out your dream home scheme.
Not in a position to hire a full interior designer? Now, you can experience workshops that make for a great date idea for new homeowners, couples who love to design together, and for any projects you may want to tackle in the home!
Find all of Unshelf Design’s services here and see below for upcoming events!
Friday February 24, 2024 at the Design Lab at Unshelf Boutique, 3411 8th St SE, Calgary
Learn to beautify your home and create special joyful moments by creating your own faux floral arrangements.
You’ll join Interior Decorator Sarah Kirkpatrick and guest floral artist Jaqueline from Blossoms YYC, to learn the basics of floral arrangement design for your home. Both industry professionals specialize in indoor styling with plants and flowers and will show you their favourite arrangements and modern florals.
In the spirit of sustainability, you and your date are encouraged to bring a vase from home that you’ve been wanting to style, or shop their second-hand decor store, Unshelf Boutique, for something new and one-of-a-kind.
- Large assortment of faux florals to learn and build
- Large assortment of vases to learn and build into
- Floral foam and clear tape for structure
- A list of their favourite places to buy flowers at the end of the workshop
- The option to purchase any faux florals from the store at a discount (15% off vases, 15% off faux florals, 10% off all other items in store for shopping after)
- $20 worth of florals to take home included in your ticket
Saturday March 4, 2023 at the Design Lab at Unshelf Boutique, 3411 8th St SE, Calgary
*These will take place every two months*
Do you have the design itch? Or maybe you’re renovating and don’t know where to start? Overwhelmed with choice? You will leave this workshop with a design board and flatlay as your guide to help tackle those projects that have been on the ‘to do list’ for way too long.
If you’ve been to every tile store in the city and have a bag of samples you could drown in, this workshop is for you. If you just got back from the flooring store and still don’t understand the difference between LVP and engineered hardwood – and is ‘vinyl’ like your grandma’s vinyl – yikes, this workshop is for you!
Sarah Kirkpatrick has put together a 4-hour hands-on interior design workshop to help homeowners get their renovations started and have access to an interior designer for a fraction of the cost of hiring one.
At the end, you’ll leave with:
- A completed design board and colour scheme
- A photo of your very own flatlay that we will build together. This flatlay will act as a ‘blueprint’ for your renovation – giving you the pieces for the design you’ve been dreaming of
- An emailed list of all the finishes you chose and where you can get them
- And even some discounts!
The workshop will cover inspiration planning, building an inspo board, the design fundamentals of colour and mood, building a mood board, exploring the fundamentals of finishes, and building a design board/flatlay.
Other Upcoming Events
Keep an eye out for more details and announcements on these exciting events at the Unshelf Design Lab:
- Spring Table Setting Workshop on March 21, 2023 at 6pm
- Centerpiece design workshop on April 6, 2023 at 6pm
- Tea tray styling workshop on May 11, 2023 at 6pm
- Decor upcycling workshop on June 22, 2023 at 6pm
- Professional bed making and styling workshop on September 12, 2023 at 6pm
- Office styling for positivity, productivity, and prosperity workshop on October 4, 2023 at 6pm
- Christmas tree decorating on November 16, 2023 at 6pm
- Fireplace mantle Holiday decorating on December 5, 2023 at 6pm
- Home vision board workshop on January 4, 2024 at 6pm
Unshelf Boutique is Calgary’s only designer-owned consignment and second-hand decor store. You can find all things decor and home goods, specializing in ‘styled vignettes.’
Sarah Kirkpatrick of Unshelf Design decided that there needed to be a store where designers, stagers, and the public could shop to find sustainable and affordable decor that was still modern without having to spend hours in thrift stores and at garage sales, or always resorting to Homesense.
This store also needed to be available for professional organizers and downsizers and the public to drop off old decor and make some money; and from that, Unshelf Boutique was born.
3411 8th St SE
10:00am – 6:00pm Thursday-Saturday.
By Appointment Only Monday-Wednesday.
Make sure to book your spot in the workshop that aligns with your goals best (or both!) and spend some time doing something fun, and useful in the city!
Find more Calgary events, things to do and date ideas here!